Sunday, October 13, 2013

"Masters of Anatomy" Kickstarter

Hey there, everyone! Some of you may have heard of the "Masters of Anatomy" kickstarter campaign that went live a couple days ago. It's going to be a phenomenal book when it's done and I'm thrilled to pieces to announce that I'll be one of the artists featured in it. This is the kind of book that I fall all over myself to buy.

Lots of illustration students find themselves at a loss as to how to translate their knowledge of anatomy (or lack thereof in many cases) into a stylized or cartoony figure. The awesome thing about this book is that it takes the same six poses --3 male and 3 female-- and shows you how over 100 different artists interpret the ideal human figure in those poses in their individual style. It's going to be awesome!

I learned most of my basic anatomy from other artists growing up and I would have DEVOURED a book like this. It's a little on the pricey side, but I think it'll be worth the money. Check it out and snag a copy!


3 comments:

  1. I backed the kickstarter last night before I knew they added you to the project! I'm so excited for my copy! Congratulations on being part of the project! Your work totally fits the bill. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete